Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My first Zaar recipe! Yummy, easy main course, only 15 minutesish to make! Add vegetables like fresh diced tomato (has to be fresh, canned will run), zucchini, sundried tomato or fresh broccoli if you like (steam and add toward the end--after milk). I would have done it but my DBF *hates* veggies. One idea would be to roast some Mediterranean type vegetables in the oven at 400 degrees for around 20 minutes with olive oil. Toss them into the dish.
- 1⁄2 lb linguine (half package, cooked and drained)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 6 ounces precooked grilled chicken breasts, strips in the package (can be found in lunch meat section of the grocery store)
- 2 cups milk (add a little extra if needed)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (or flour if you don't have cornstarch but I find cornstarch is much better to work with in this case)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons basil (crushed works best but regular dried is ok)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese (you can now get it in Kraft's canister form, just make sure it's the shreds, not the powder)
- Cook the linguine and set aside.
- Put 3 tablespoons of olive oil into a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Sweat the garlic in the olive oil for a couple minutes.
- Add the chicken breast strips, cook until warm throughout.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of cornstarch into the milk until blended.
- Add the mixture to the skillet and cook for just a minute.
- Put the the linguine into the skillet, over the sauce and chicken.
- Sprinkle the basil, red pepper, sugar, salt, and pepper onto the linguine in the skillet.
- Mix well, toss with grated parmesan and serve.