Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A simple recipe showcasing pomegranate molasses.
Make and share this Grilled Chicken Legs With Pomegranate Molasses recipe from Food.com.
- 6 chicken legs, thighs separated from drumstick
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate molasses
- Preheat grill.
- In a shallow dish, mix chicken with l/2 cup virgin olive oil, honey, vinegar and paprika, and allow to marinate overnight in refrigerator or 3 hours at room temperature.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and place on grill.
- Grill 12-13 minutes per side, or until juices run clear when pierced with a fork or knife.
- Remove cooked chicken from grill and drizzle with pomegranate molasses.
- Serve immediately.
This is a good marinade which I exchanged the red wine vinegar for much less cider vinegar with the mother in it. I used local honey and sweet paprika though maybe hot paprika would be good in this. I would like to try this on a whole chicken as legs are not my favorite part. I may try this again as stated.
We really liked the tanginess of the pomegranate molasses... I let the chicken marinate in a food storage bag in the sink (with some ice cubes around it since it is soooo hot here) for about 3 hours. I will definitely marinate it overnight next time to intensify the flavor. I grilled them on my gas grill for about 10 minutes on each side. I had to check on the chicken often b/c I had a few flare-ups that charred some of the legs, but they were still tasty. I was a little confused by the ingredient list as it listed 1/2 c of olive oil PLUS 3 Tbs... There was no mention in the directions as to where that 3 Tbs of oil was to be used... maybe to oil the grill??? Otherwise, a very tasty and tangy chicken... served it with Easy Garlic Rice and some steamed broccoli. Thanks for posting!!!
I give this 5 stars evelyn! I loved it and will make again. I was surprised that the dish was more citrusy and tangy. It's not sweet. Easy to put together and so yummy and you are right it does showcase the pomegranate molasses... (My DH didn't like it as much as I did, only because he doesn't like "sour"/"tangy"flavors that make his lips pucker! And he still gives it a solid 3.)