- 2 navel oranges
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 1 large red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch rings
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, torn into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate 1/2 teaspoon of zest from 1 orange into a large mixing bowl.
- Squeeze in 1/3 cup of orange juice. Stir in the lemon juice, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, the garlic, rosemary, and 1/4 cup of the oil.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the dressing. Add the chicken to the bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium. Place the chicken, skin-side up, over indirect heat and cook, covered, for 35 minutes.
- Turn the chicken and cook, uncovered, over direct heat, until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush the onion with the remaining oil and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill until tender, 8 minutes.
- Peel the remaining orange and slice into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Combine them with the onion, lettuce, and reserved dressing in a bowl.
- Transfer to individual plates. Serve with the chicken.