Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The kebabs are great to serve at any back-yard barbecue or picnic at the park. They're easy to make and make nice presentation. Cook time does not include marinating time.
- 1 lb chicken, cubed
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients well.
- Pour over chicken, bell pepper and onion.
- Marinade for one hour.
- Alternate meat and veggies on skewers.
- Broil or grill until done (juices run clear).
- Note: If using wooden skewers, soak in water 20 minutes prior to use so they won't burn.
My family and I absolutely loved these kebabs! The flavor was excellent (although I added salt to mine), they were extremely easy to make, and it's always fun to eat food off a stick. I used yellow onion and green peppers, but it would be so pretty with red, orange or yellow peppers, purple onions and maybe some cherry tomatoes for pizzazz. I would like to find some way to knock out the fat because I think these could be really healthy.
Excellent kababs. I grilled mine for 20 minutes over medium high heat they they were cooked to pefection. Used a red bell pepper and red onion. Loved it. Simple and tasty. Thanks Made for ZWT III Family Picks.
These were flavorful and I really enjoyed dinner!! I reduced this to one serving and the proportions were perfect. I was worried about the high fat listed in the recipe so I used 1 TBS Olive Oil and 1 TBS Grape Seed Oil and 1 TBS Water for the oil. It drastically reduced the fat - and I don't think it changed the recipe at all. Thanks Happy Hippie!!! *Zaar World Tour 3*