Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A wonderful snack to take with you for picnics or to enjoy at home as an appetiser/snack. This is the Recipe of the week from the Thursday magazine dated February 9th-15th'2006. Enjoy!
- 90 ml water
- 45 ml soya sauce
- 45 ml lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 4 cm pieces
- 1 1⁄2 green bell peppers, cooked, seeded and cut into 4 cm pieces
- 1 1⁄2 medium onions, cooked and quartered
- 12 large mushroom caps
- In a glass baking dish combine together the first six ingredients.
- Add chicken and mix well using your hands to coat the chicken in this juice-masala mixture.
- Cover and marinate for atleast 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the grill for grilling.
- Boil the marinade without the chicken for 10 minutes in a pan.
- Now, alternately grill on skewers the chicken and vegetables.
- Grill 15 cm from medium-hot coals for 15-20 minutes or until done.
- Remember to turn and baste often with the marinade. This way the chicken and veggies won't dry up totally and the juices will make it all the more tantalisingly aromatic and delicious for you.