Prep 1 hr
Cook 12 mins
From today's "Thursday" magazine, this recipe was submitted by Aarti to the "What's Cooking" contest.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into one inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into one inch pieces
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a large bowl.
- Allow chicken to marinate in this mixture for 30 minutes.
- Prepare your grill or thread chicken, onion and bell pepper onto metal skewers.
- Discard any leftover marinade.
- Grill over MEDIUM-HIGH heat until the chicken is cooked through (takes 10-12 minutes).
- During grilling, brush with additional olive oil to prevent chicken and vegetables from drying out.
- Serve kababs over a bed of rice or with pita bread.
- Garnish with fresh mint sprigs.
- Sprinkle with crumbled cheese and serve hot.