Unusual and very good. The bourbon gives the sauce a very distinctive flavor.
Make and share this Grilled Chicken in Kentucky Bourbon Barbecue Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- In a food processor or blender, combine all of the ingredients except for the chicken and ketchup and puree until smooth.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, rub it in well, and refrigerate for 3-4 hours, turning the chicken over a couple of times while it's marinating.
- Grill the chicken over hot coals for about 10 minutes on each side; baste with marinade while grilling.
- Or broil chicken with marinade in a casserole dish at 350F for about 40 minutes, turning chicken and basting with pan juices a couple of times while it cooks.
- When the chicken is done remove it from the pan.
- Add ketchup to the remaining marinade and boil down until it is a thick dark sauce to coat the chicken with (about 5 minutes).
Delicious & Very Easy to put together! I had 9 chicken legs to marinade, for the grill. I did make a slash on each side of the drumsticks before adding them to the marinade. They marinated for about 4 hours. I tasted the marinade whiling it was boiling down. I divided it in half and added 1 1/2 TBL. brown sugar to one half and continue to boil down each pot. I brushed half the legs with each pot of glaze. The glaze with the brown sugar did mute the taste of the Bourbon a little. DH and I loved this recipe and I will be making it with and without the brown sugar. Thank you.
I loved this recipe, although I baked it in the oven. Bourbon is my favourite spirit, and I love chicken so could not wait to try it. An unusual but lovely flavour. I tried the recipe again for friends and they all liked it.
My grill ran out of propane so I was thankful that you had broiling instructions. If I made this again I would scrape the marinade off the chicken and baste it as it cooked, and would definitely use the grill. The Tamari lent a salty taste and the vegetables added a tang, but it seemed to miss a "sweet" to balance it out. I used Jack Daniels. Thanks for posting little turtle. *Zaar World Tour 3*