Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I serve a microwave baked potato, baked beans, a nice crisp salad, and crusty bread with this. I like it because it is a simple meal that is delicious and easy to put together. I also make up large batches of marinade ahead of time or when fixing it and freeze it in recipe size amounts to have on hand for when I am ready for this meal again.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chili sauce
- 3⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 (6 ounce) bone in chicken breasts
- Mix chili sauce, vinegar, horseradish, and garlic salt in a bowl.
- Reserve 1/2 of the marinade.
- Add chicken to bowl; turn to coat.
- COVER and marinate in refrigerator for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Remove chicken from marinade in bowl.
- Place chicken on grill or broiler pan.
- Grill or broil chicken, turning and basting frequently with the 1/2 of reserved marinade, till juices run clear when meat is pierced with a knife, about 30 minutes.
- Heat remaining reserved marinade in a small saucepan, stirring occasionally.
- Serve HOT alongside chicken.
Great Marinade, I recently made this for my family and they loved it. It did seem like it might be too much chili sauce but this marinade blends well together and really turns bland chicken into something I'll definitely serve again to family and friends. Thanks for the recipe.
We really enjoyed this chicken. I thought it might be too much vinegar when I first mixed it together, but once it's cooked it mellows out with the end result being a tangy chili sauce that is a nice change from using barbecue sauce.