1/1 Photo of Grilled Chicken Gourmet-Style Salad
Elegant enough for special guests, simple enough for a family supper; light enough for the calorie-conscious dieter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, bite-size pieces
- 1 head romaine lettuce, bite-size pieces
- 3 -4 slices thick-sliced bacon, crumbled
- 8 -12 radishes, thinly sliced (or use fresh carrots)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1/2 loaf French bread, sliced and cubed (toasted)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, sliced in rings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1Prepare and toss lettuces in large serving bowl; set aside.
- 2Fry bacon; set aside to cool; then crumble.
- 3Slice radishes very thin, marinate with vinegar and sea salt; stir and set aside.
- 4While bacon is frying, slice and cube bread, then toast until golden brown; drizzle with melted butter; sprinkle with garlic salt; set aside.
- 5When bacon is done, pour off grease, add olive oil and sauté chicken breast cubes; stirring frequently. When browned, remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- 6Add butter to pan, when melted add onion rings and brown until ALMOST crispy.
- 7While onions are working, mix mayo and barbecue sauce in a small bowl. Pour over chicken cubes, mixing well.
- 8Add bacon, radishes, bread cubes, chicken, onions and pine nuts to lettuce in large bowl; toss well.
- 9Serve with home-made berry compote and fudgy brownies!
- 10Option #1: Try carrots or do half-n-half radishes & carrots for lovely color.
- 11Option #2: Use a different "sauce" to marinate the radishes (soy, red wine or balsamic vinegars, etc.).
- 12Option #3: Let each diner add each ingredient at the table.
- 13Option #4: Include spinach or fresh Swiss chard with the greens.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Gourmet-Style Salad
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.3
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 51.8 mg
- Sodium 517.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: