Recipe by chris and her whisk
This is an excellent way to enjoy your gas grill, use up some leftovers and cook up something beautiful and delicious in just a few minutes. Great for the day after a barbecue party when you discovered you made too much of something! This one is leftover grilled chicken, but I think it would work with any leftover grilled meat (except, perhaps, hot dogs). I made this today for lunch, after we finished, my daughter said it would have been better with some fresh basil, so I have added that to the ingredients.
- 4 flat bread (you can use thin pita bread)
- 1 1⁄2 cups of sliced leftover grilled chicken
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, coarsely chopped
- 6 leaves fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the grill. Mix all the ingredients together (except the bread) in a bowl. Use your hands. It's easier.
- Turn the heat to low on your grill. Lay the flat breads on (high rack if you have one). Mound the mixture on the flat bread, spreading to the edges. Close the grill and give it a minute or two, When it is melted, it's done. (If you leave it on too long, the bread will burn).
- Put it on a bread board and cut it with a pizza cutter.