Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the best Alfredo sauce that I have come across, and it's easy and quick as well. Reheats well for lunches the next day, that is if there is any left over. My daughter has celiac's disease so we use gluten free pasta and it still tastes wonderful.
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless and trimmed of excess fat
- season salt
- olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup imported parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup imported romano cheese, grated
- 6 egg yolks (from fresh jumbo eggs)
- salt and black pepper
- Heat countertop grill to high while rubbing chicken breast lightly with olive oil and sprinkle them with preferred season salt. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes, until completely cooked but still moist. Slice in even layers and set aside.
- Heat milk and cream in heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly so that it doesn't scorch any. When it just begins to bubble, turn off the heat and slowly whisk in the cheese until it is just melted and remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, mix the yolks until just smooth, and then slowly drizzle in some of the cooled cheese sauce until egg yolks are the same temperature as the sauce. Be careful not to cook the yolks.
- Place cheese sauce back on very low heat and stir egg mixture in slowly until mixture reaches a slow simmer again. Remove from heat and let cool slightly (It will thicken as it cools down).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve over your favorite pasta. Add chicken slices and ladle a little extra sauce over the top and serve.