Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
A great balanced meal for anyone watching their weight.
- 1⁄3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium sweet potato (5-inch long)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli
- Baked Sweet Potato:.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Scrub potato and prick with fork in 4 or 5 places.
- Bake in oven for about 45 minutes depending upon size.
- When finished cooking, let potato stand approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Split, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.
- Grilled Chicken:.
- Preheat either grill or broiler.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken.
- Whisk olive oil and spices together in a pie plate or small platter.
- Add chicken and coat.
- If possible, cover and let marinate, refrigerated, for 30 minutes.
- Reserve marinade.
- Grill or broil chicken, approximately 6-8 inches from heat source for 5-7 minutes.
- Turn and baste with remaining marinade.
- Cook an additional 5-6 minutes or until inside is no longer pink.
- Fresh Broccoli.
- Rinse and chop broccoli.
- Steam until just tender.