Top Tweak by SlipC
Very tasty! I actually replaced the canned tomatoes with fresh chopped tomatoes(No one in my family likes canned) and reduced the Worchestershire sauce to a teaspoon, but the sauce turned out good anyway. It was a totally new way for us to eat chicken, and it was really good! I will make it again for sure!
- 4 chicken breasts
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 fresh limes, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup bacon, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper strip, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups diced canned tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and marinate in lime juice for 15 minutes no longer than 2 hours.
- Grill for about 10 minutes each side or until done, for the sauce heat oil and bacon when bacon is brown add onion, green pepper, celery and saute reducing to a low heat,simmer for about 10 minutes or till tender.
- Add tomatoes chicken stock,worcestershire and thyme,continue to simmer about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste serve with rice.