Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was so delicious. A Great meal when served with a hot crusty roll. A friend served it at a luncheon & shared the recipe. I believe it originally came from a Martha Stewart booklet, however it has been tweaked just a little. Please adjust the quantity of ingredients to suit your own tastes and the size of servings you desire. Enjoy.
- 6 slices cooked bacon, cut into large pieces
- 1 avocado, peeled, sliced, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved or 2 cups roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 -4 cooked chicken cutlets, cut into 1-inch slices (See below for great recipe option)
- 2 -3 tablespoons vinaigrette dressing (See below for option)
- coarsely chopped romaine lettuce
- Chicken Option:Marinate 4 chicken breasts that have been pounded thin a mixture of 2 Tbs olive oil, 1/4 cup white wine vinegar, 3 Tbs fresh chopped thyme, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper. Let sit at room temp for 10 - 30 minutes. Grill. Use warm or chilled.
- Vinaigrette Option: Combine 1/3 cup white wine vinegar, 1/4 cup Dijon mustard, 2 tsp honey, salt & pepper. Shake to combine & add 1/2 cup olive oil. Shake.
- Toss lettuce with vinaigrette of your choice.
- Arrange lettuce on plates.
- Arrange bacon, tomatoes, chicken, avocado & feta on top. Season with salt & pepper & serve.
Very good restaurant-quality salad that was perfect for a warm summer evening. I made as listed excet to use blue cheese instead of feta.
What a wonderful meal. And easy to make. Delicious and oh so satisfying. I made this salad as part of PAC 2006 and am very glad I did. It came together in a hurry on a busy night after work. I followed the recipe exactly except I used seasoned rice wine vinegar in the dressing. And it fit in perfectly with my low-carb "get ready for dd's wedding diet." This will definitely become a permanent addition to my recipe collection.