Barb Gertz's Note:
This recipe is courtesy of Food-Networks...Rachael Ray. This is a great 30 minute meal,Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin oil
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, eyeball it
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs, boiled
- 8 slices bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and scooped from skins with a spoon, then diced
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese (or blue cheese crumbled) or 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded (or blue cheese crumbled)
- 1Heat a grill or nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Coat chicken breasts with 2 teaspoons oil, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper; Wash hands: Grill or pan fry chicken for 6 to 7 minutes on each side;Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes.
- 2In a small pot, cover eggs with cold water; place over high heat and bring to a boil; Once it comes to a boil, cover pot and turn off heat, set timer for 10 minutes, after 10 minutes, cool eggs under cold running water, peel and chop.
- 3Brown chopped bacon in a skillet over medium high heat ; Drain bacon on paper towels.
- 4Chop 3 hearts of romaine lettuce and place in a large serving platter or salad bowl; dress chopped lettuce with the juice of 1 1/2 lemons; Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil over lettuce; Season greens with Salt & Pepper, to taste.
- 5Toss diced avocados with juice of remaining 1/2 lemon, to retard browning.
- 6CHOP the CHICKEN Breast meat.
- 7TO SERVE; Arrange rows of chopped chicken, chopped hard boiled eggs, chopped crisp bacon, diced avocado, diced tomato, chopped onion, and shredded cheese on top of either 4 individual portions of dressed romaine OR 1 large serving platter, Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad
Serving Size: 1 (931 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 962.0
- Calories from Fat 605
- Total Fat 67.2 g
- Saturated Fat 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 377.4 mg
- Sodium 980.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.8 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 62.8 g