Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is courtesy of Food-Networks...Rachael Ray. This is a great 30 minute meal,Enjoy.
Make and share this Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin oil
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, eyeball it
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs, boiled
- 8 slices bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and scooped from skins with a spoon, then diced
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese (or blue cheese crumbled) or 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded (or blue cheese crumbled)
- Heat a grill or nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Coat chicken breasts with 2 teaspoons oil, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper; Wash hands: Grill or pan fry chicken for 6 to 7 minutes on each side;Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes.
- In a small pot, cover eggs with cold water; place over high heat and bring to a boil; Once it comes to a boil, cover pot and turn off heat, set timer for 10 minutes, after 10 minutes, cool eggs under cold running water, peel and chop.
- Brown chopped bacon in a skillet over medium high heat ; Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Chop 3 hearts of romaine lettuce and place in a large serving platter or salad bowl; dress chopped lettuce with the juice of 1 1/2 lemons; Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil over lettuce; Season greens with Salt & Pepper, to taste.
- Toss diced avocados with juice of remaining 1/2 lemon, to retard browning.
- CHOP the CHICKEN Breast meat.
- TO SERVE; Arrange rows of chopped chicken, chopped hard boiled eggs, chopped crisp bacon, diced avocado, diced tomato, chopped onion, and shredded cheese on top of either 4 individual portions of dressed romaine OR 1 large serving platter, Enjoy.