Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is courtesy of Food-Networks...Rachael Ray. This is a great 30 minute meal,Enjoy.
Make and share this Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin oil
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, eyeball it
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs, boiled
- 8 slices bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and scooped from skins with a spoon, then diced
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese (or blue cheese crumbled) or 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded (or blue cheese crumbled)
- Heat a grill or nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Coat chicken breasts with 2 teaspoons oil, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper; Wash hands: Grill or pan fry chicken for 6 to 7 minutes on each side;Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes.
- In a small pot, cover eggs with cold water; place over high heat and bring to a boil; Once it comes to a boil, cover pot and turn off heat, set timer for 10 minutes, after 10 minutes, cool eggs under cold running water, peel and chop.
- Brown chopped bacon in a skillet over medium high heat ; Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Chop 3 hearts of romaine lettuce and place in a large serving platter or salad bowl; dress chopped lettuce with the juice of 1 1/2 lemons; Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil over lettuce; Season greens with Salt & Pepper, to taste.
- Toss diced avocados with juice of remaining 1/2 lemon, to retard browning.
- CHOP the CHICKEN Breast meat.
- TO SERVE; Arrange rows of chopped chicken, chopped hard boiled eggs, chopped crisp bacon, diced avocado, diced tomato, chopped onion, and shredded cheese on top of either 4 individual portions of dressed romaine OR 1 large serving platter, Enjoy.
A nice version of the Cobb salad, but I found the lemon juice overwhelming. Next time I will reduce that part by half. Thank you.
Best Salad Ever! All the flavors are wonderful together. We don't even use any dressing on this salad. It is delicious just as is. Thanks for a great salad Barb!
We loved this salad. I didn't follow the directions for the chicken breasts, though. Instead, I seasoned with our favorite spicy steak seasoning and grilled on the charcoal grill. All of the bacon, eggs, avocado, tomato, and onions gave great flavor and we didn't need the cheese. Loved the simple dressing with the tang of lemon. Yum. Perfect dinner on a hot summer day.