Recipe by Manami
This sandwich is fantastic however a little time consuming! Adapted from recipe found on the Gilded Fork which can be found at: www.gildedfork.com under Aug. 06 search for grilled chicken salad roasted peppers.
- 4 yellow bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 -2 tablespoon roasted garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh rosemary, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 fresh ciabatta rolls, split & toasted or 4 some other crusty bread rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- PREPARE YELLOW PEPPER PUREE:.
- Roast each yellow pepper over the open flame of a burner, rotating frequently until the skin is nicely charred and the flesh begins to soften.
- Place the peppers in a plastic bag and seal, allowing to steam 10-15 minutes.
- The skin should come off easily by rubbing it with your fingers, you could also use a dry paper towel and the charred skin will rub away.
- Remove as much of the skin and charred bits possible, and cut the flesh away from the seed pod and stem.
- Pureé the yellow peppers in food processor or blender with 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and roasted garlic; then strain through a sieve into a bowl.
- PREPARE ROASTED RED PEPPER STRIPS:.
- Using the same technique as for the yellow peppers, roast the red peppers over an open flame, steam them in a plastic bag, and remove the skins.
- Cut away the roasted flesh in large strips and set aside.
- PREPARE THE GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD:.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mustard, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Brush with mustard mixture and grill for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through with nice grill marks.
- Cool, & dice chicken into 1" chunks and toss with the chopped rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper, to taste, and enough of the yellow pureé to coat.
- Split ciabatta rolls and toast lightly.
- Place one or two strips of roasted red pepper on each side, then fill with the chicken mxiture.
- Add lettuce, tomato and sliced red onion, if desired.
- Also, use any additional yellow pureé on the sandwiches.
- Serve immediately, or wrap in plastic wrap for a picnic lunch.
- Then serve with a nice wine and a salad of mixed greens.