Recipe by Chabear01
This is a recipe developed by a friend who works in the local supermarkets Butcher Shop. Many thanks to Bill Baumgart for a wonderful and delicious meal, and for sharing his recipes with us.
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 anaheim chili, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, separate leaves from stems
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup Chardonnay wine or 1⁄2 cup your favoite white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- cumin, to taste
- crushed dried red chili, to taste
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat Chicken with olive oil and season with black pepper, garlic powder and cumin. Grill till done. Put aside on plate.
- In a soup pot heat some olive oil put in chopped onions, bell pepper, anaheim chili, cilantro stems and some leaves, saute till tender crisp.
- Add wine, tomatoes and juice, chicken broth, black pepper, garlic powder, cumin, crushed red chilis, and salt to taste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add beans.
- When grilled chicken is cool enough to handle, chop into bite size pieces. Add chopped chicken and any juices from cooked chicken into soup.
- Serving Suggestions:.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves and grated jack cheese, with warm flour tortillas on the side. Bill also suggests an Ice cold Corona and a wedge of lime.