Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great way to use up all those garden tomatoes and fresh basil!
Make and share this Grilled Chicken Caprese recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- Combine basil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Slowly whisk in oil.
- Transfer 2 tablespoons vinaigrette to bowl and toss with mozzarella; reserve remaining vinaigrette.
- Cut chicken lengthwise to make 4 breasts.
- season with a little salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken and tomatoes over high heat until chicken is well browned and tomatoes are lightly charred.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and top with a tomato slice and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.
- Top with a slice of cheese and loosely tent foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes.