Recipe by evelyn/athens
Why not try this great sandwich at your next BBQ instead of burgers and hotdogs?
Top Review by mkmac4
This is very good. Try it with the traditional Romaine lettuce or a creamy caeser dressing from a bottle for a different kind of taste. Great for a quick summer meal. You can also put this mixture into a flour tortilla and make a wrap out of it. This is so easy and can be used for so many different kinds of meals.
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves, flattened slightly,tenders reserved separately
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- 1 bunch arugula, large stems removed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, blend the mayonnaise, parmesan, anchovies, garlic, mustard, lemon juice and ¼ tsp pepper.
- Brush a grill pan or cast iron skillet with 1 tsp of the olive oil and heat (or fire up the bbq).
- Brush the chicken breasts and tenders on both sides with the remaining 2 tsps oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the breasts over high heat, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Grill the tenders, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- Cut the tenders in half lengthwise.
- Slice the breasts diagonally ½ inch thick.
- Spread the Caesar mayonnaise on the top and bottom half of each roll.
- Arrange a sliced chicken breast and tender on the bottom half of the roll, cover with arugula and close.