Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Why not try this great sandwich at your next BBQ instead of burgers and hotdogs?
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves, flattened slightly,tenders reserved separately
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- 1 bunch arugula, large stems removed
- In a small bowl, blend the mayonnaise, parmesan, anchovies, garlic, mustard, lemon juice and ¼ tsp pepper.
- Brush a grill pan or cast iron skillet with 1 tsp of the olive oil and heat (or fire up the bbq).
- Brush the chicken breasts and tenders on both sides with the remaining 2 tsps oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the breasts over high heat, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Grill the tenders, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- Cut the tenders in half lengthwise.
- Slice the breasts diagonally ½ inch thick.
- Spread the Caesar mayonnaise on the top and bottom half of each roll.
- Arrange a sliced chicken breast and tender on the bottom half of the roll, cover with arugula and close.
This is very good. Try it with the traditional Romaine lettuce or a creamy caeser dressing from a bottle for a different kind of taste. Great for a quick summer meal. You can also put this mixture into a flour tortilla and make a wrap out of it. This is so easy and can be used for so many different kinds of meals.