Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Kraft magazine, a new twist on the usual chicken caesar salad. The cooking time includes 30 minutes needed for marinating.
- 1⁄2 cup kraft classic caesar salad dressing, divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 thick slices Italian bread
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Pour 2 tablespoons caesar dressing over chicken in resealable plastic bag. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken with dressing. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- If using wooden skewers, place them in a 13 x 9-inch dish, cover with water and let soak until for 30 minutes so they don't burn when on the grill.
- After chicken is done marinating, start heating grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread chicken onto 4 skewers. Grill 6-8 minutes, or until done, turning occasionally. Add bread to grill; cook 1 minute on each side or until toasted on both sides, being careful not to burn. Rub toast with garlic and brush with oil.
- Arrange toast and lettuce on platter; drizzle with remaining dressing. Top with chicken skewers and cheese.