1/1 Photo of Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad a New Way
Northwest Lynnie's Note:
While the flavor will be good using leftover cold chicken in this recipe, the key to the specialness of the recipe and the great vibrant flavor of the salad, is to use warm, just-cooked chicken breasts and to place the warm, cooked chicken pieces IN the dressing instead of placing the dressing over the chicken. This technique adds a lot of flavor and works well with most any beef or shrimp salad recipe using a vinaigrette-type (not creamy) dressing as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, rinsed and dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce (to taste)
- garlic-cheese crouton
- 1Combine all dressing ingredients in a medium-size bowl.
- 2Rub chicken breasts with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season them lightly with salt and pepper.
- 3Grill breasts until browned and cooked through (about 3-4 minutes per side).
- 4Let chicken rest for 5 minutes.
- 5Cut chicken cross-wise into 1/4" slices.
- 6Place slices and their juices in the bowl of dressing, mixing gently to coat.
- 7Serve chicken and dressing over romaine and top with croutons.
- 8Garnish with more Parmesan cheese.
- 9Pass the pepper mill!
- 10Cooking time includes cooked chicken resting time.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad a New Way
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.4
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 224.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 30.8 g