Recipe by Chippie1
Recipe comes from "Low-Fat Ways To Cook Salads & Side Dishes". I've made this several times in the summer, but would be a nice refreshing salad in dead winter too.
Top Review by Little Bee
We really enjoyed this! It was fast and easy and just as good as any restaurant's. Loved the addition of Tomatoes and Cucumbers since not only is a salad without them not complete to me, I always felt a Caesar salad can be a little boring. The croutons are to die for and I will never use store bought again since with a little extra effort they make all the difference. Thanks for sharing a great salad recipe.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup caesar salad dressing (bottled & divided)
- 2 cups French bread (cubed)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 6 cups romaine lettuce (torn)
- 1 cup cucumber (sliced)
- 2 tomatoes (cut into 8 wedges)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate chicken breasts with 1/4 cup dressing in zip-top plastic bag for 1 hour, turning once.
- Coat bread cubes with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Coat BBQ grill with cooking spray.
- Grill chicken for approximately 10 minutes, turning once.
- Let chicken rest for a minute or so, then sslice crosswise into 1/4" thick slices.
- Combine chicken, croutons, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes,& parmesan cheese in a large serving bowl.
- Pour remaining 1/4 cup dressing over lettuce mixture; toss well.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper (optional).
- Serve immediately.