Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe comes from "Low-Fat Ways To Cook Salads & Side Dishes". I've made this several times in the summer, but would be a nice refreshing salad in dead winter too.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup caesar salad dressing (bottled & divided)
- 2 cups French bread (cubed)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 6 cups romaine lettuce (torn)
- 1 cup cucumber (sliced)
- 2 tomatoes (cut into 8 wedges)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Marinate chicken breasts with 1/4 cup dressing in zip-top plastic bag for 1 hour, turning once.
- Coat bread cubes with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Coat BBQ grill with cooking spray.
- Grill chicken for approximately 10 minutes, turning once.
- Let chicken rest for a minute or so, then sslice crosswise into 1/4" thick slices.
- Combine chicken, croutons, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes,& parmesan cheese in a large serving bowl.
- Pour remaining 1/4 cup dressing over lettuce mixture; toss well.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper (optional).
- Serve immediately.
We really enjoyed this! It was fast and easy and just as good as any restaurant's. Loved the addition of Tomatoes and Cucumbers since not only is a salad without them not complete to me, I always felt a Caesar salad can be a little boring. The croutons are to die for and I will never use store bought again since with a little extra effort they make all the difference. Thanks for sharing a great salad recipe.