Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe on-line. I am always looking for grilling recipes, and my kids always enjoy sauce over their grilled chicken, so this looked perfect. Putting here for safe keeping. Update, 10/27/2013: I have now made this recipe and really enjoyed it. My DH loves to make boneless, skinless chicken breasts, wrapped in bacon and grilled over the charcoal grill. So I made this as written except my chicken was wrapped in bacon, so yummy. Then served it with the sauce. I didn't expect the sauce to taste much of garlic based on other reviews, but for us, I found it very garlicky and would cut back on that next time for our tastes and maybe use about double the amount of broth.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 ounces each)
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 44.37 ml butter
- 14.79 ml fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 59.14 ml white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml light sour cream (or No-Fat)
- Prepare grill, placing coals to one side; heat until coals are ash white. Make aluminum foil drip pan; place opposite coals.
- Brush chicken breasts with oil; place on grill over drip pan. Grill, turning occasionally, until no longer pink (25 to 35 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt butter until sizzling; stir in garlic. Cook over medium-high heat 1 minute. Stir in flour; continue cooking until bubbly (1 minute). Reduce heat to medium. Stir in all remaining wine sauce ingredients except sour cream. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens (1 to 2 minutes).
- Stir in sour cream. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until heated through (3 to 5 minutes). Serve over grilled chicken.
- TIP:Wine sauce can be served over broiled, baked or poached chicken breasts.
My chicken breasts were huge (just over 400 grams each) so halved them horizontally and cooked them on the indoor electric grill. I made the sauce as directed though had to add nearly an extra halve a cup of liquid or I would have had thick sauce you could stand a spoon in and I was surprised the garlic did not come out in it more but then maybe I didn't cook it enough in the butter but otherwise was very nice over the chicken and the vegies. Thank you diner524, made for Please Review My Recipe.
Oh diner, what an outstanding recipe. I'm actually eating it right now but had to take my plate to the computer desk and rate before I forgot!! I halved the recipe for the sauce and used 2 chicken breasts for BF and I... now I wish I had made some pasta or rice to spoon the extra sauce over because it is sooooo tasty! And EASY! I pan-fried my chicken breasts with "herb chicken" seasoning while the sauce cooked... 22 degrees is a bit to cold for the grill. :) I got a bit nervous because my garlic browned too quickly and looked burnt but when I tasted the sauce it was ok- phew! Next time I will only sautee for 30 secs and then 30 secs with the flour. THANK YOU for saving me again with an easy comforting meal.