1/3 Photos of Grilled Chicken Breasts With Wine Sauce
I found this recipe on-line. I am always looking for grilling recipes, and my kids always enjoy sauce over their grilled chicken, so this looked perfect. Putting here for safe keeping. Update, 10/27/2013: I have now made this recipe and really enjoyed it. My DH loves to make boneless, skinless chicken breasts, wrapped in bacon and grilled over the charcoal grill. So I made this as written except my chicken was wrapped in bacon, so yummy. Then served it with the sauce. I didn't expect the sauce to taste much of garlic based on other reviews, but for us, I found it very garlicky and would cut back on that next time for our tastes and maybe use about double the amount of broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup light sour cream (or No-Fat)
- 1Prepare grill, placing coals to one side; heat until coals are ash white. Make aluminum foil drip pan; place opposite coals.
- 2Brush chicken breasts with oil; place on grill over drip pan. Grill, turning occasionally, until no longer pink (25 to 35 minutes).
- 3Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt butter until sizzling; stir in garlic. Cook over medium-high heat 1 minute. Stir in flour; continue cooking until bubbly (1 minute). Reduce heat to medium. Stir in all remaining wine sauce ingredients except sour cream. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens (1 to 2 minutes).
- 4Stir in sour cream. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until heated through (3 to 5 minutes). Serve over grilled chicken.
- 5TIP:Wine sauce can be served over broiled, baked or poached chicken breasts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Breasts With Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.0
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 104.2 mg
- Sodium 376.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 27.3 g