In the summer you just can't beat grilled chicken. This fresh salsa is a wonderful accompaniment and a perfect go with for those hot summer nights, when your garden is bursting to the seams with all those lovely tomatoes. Recipe is easily doubled or tripled for larger groups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces small cherry tomatoes or 8 ounces yellow cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered,depending on size
- 2 tablespoons chopped drained sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 2 teaspoons drained capers, roughly chopped if large
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lightly chjopped fresh thyme leaves, plus
- fresh thyme sprig (to garnish) (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves, rinsed and patted dry,tenderloins removed,and butterflied
- 1In a small bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, capers, garlic, sherry vinegar, 1 tsp of the thyme, 3 TBS of the olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- 2Set aside, stirring occasionally to let the flavours combine.
- 3Heat a gas grill to high.
- 4Put the chicken in a shallow pan or plate.
- 5Rub the chicken all over with the salt (about 1/2 tsp per piece), a few grinds of pepper, and the remaining 1 tsp thyme.
- 6Drizzle 1/2 teaspoons olive oil over each side of each pice of chicken and rub all over.
- 7Lay the butterflied breasts on the hot grill grates and cook, covered until the chicken has grill marks,about1 1/2 minutes.
- 8Flip the breasts and cook the second side in the same way for for a little less time, grilling for 1 minute in one direction, and 1 minute in another, until cooked through.
- 9Transfer the breasts to two warm serving plates, stir the tomato mixture and spoon equal amounts over each piece of chicken, garnishing with a sprig of thyme if you like.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Breasts With Sun-dried & Fresh Tomato Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.3
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 103.7 mg
- Sodium 225.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 42.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar