Prep 15 mins
Cook 23 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 12 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1⁄3 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even 1/3 inch thickness
- Melt the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots and saute, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they start to soften.
- Add the mushrooms, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper, and saute for 5 to 6 minutes until the mushrooms soften.
- Add the sherry and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/8 teaspoon of pepper and the rosemary over the chicken.
- Coat a ridged grill pan or cast-iron skillet with the olive oil and heat over medium high.
- Add the chicken and cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- (A thermometer, inserted horizontally into the center of the breast, should register 160 degrees).
- Place a chicken breast on each plate and serve topped with the sauteed mushrooms.