My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 12 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1/3 cup sherry wine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even 1/3 inch thickness
- 1Melt the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the shallots and saute, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they start to soften.
- 3Add the mushrooms, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper, and saute for 5 to 6 minutes until the mushrooms soften.
- 4Add the sherry and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- 5Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- 6Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/8 teaspoon of pepper and the rosemary over the chicken.
- 7Coat a ridged grill pan or cast-iron skillet with the olive oil and heat over medium high.
- 8Add the chicken and cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- 9(A thermometer, inserted horizontally into the center of the breast, should register 160 degrees).
- 10Place a chicken breast on each plate and serve topped with the sauteed mushrooms.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Breasts With Sauteed Shiitake Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.5
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 80.2 mg
- Sodium 457.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 26.2 g