Prep 4 hrs 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I thought this sounded good and interesting way to make grilled chicken. For the spice mixture you can use my recipe for Jamaican Spice Mixture Jamaican Spice Mixture or your favorite jamaican or other spice mixture. Prep time includes 4 hours marinating time. Recipe source: Turtle Bay Cookbook
For the chicken
- 4 chicken breasts (with skin)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons jamaican spices
For the salsa
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1⁄2 cup jicama, diced
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 serrano peppers or 1 jalapeno chile, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Rub chicken with 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with spice mixture over both sides of chicken, rubbing into chicken. Place chicken in plastic bag and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- While chicken is marinating prepare salsa by combining salsa ingredients in a bowl or jar and rrefrigeate.
- Prepare grill.
- Grill chicken, skin side down until crisp (5-10 minutes), turn and continue cooking until cooked (5-10 minutes). (Chicken may also be pan fried or broiled).
- Serve with salsa.