Prep 8 hrs
Cook 7 mins
This is a big hit with the kids as well as with our adult guests. Goes well with rice, mushrooms and broccoli.
- 1⁄2 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili oil or 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine oil, soy sauce, peanut butter, sherry, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl, whisking until smooth.
- Place chicken breasts in a plastic zip lock bag and add peanut mixture, tossing to coat.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium hot.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade; throw away the marinade.
- Grill chicken breasts 5-7 minutes on each side or until done.
I made this with only about a tablespoonful of sesame oil and I don't think the remainder was missed at all. Also subbed sake for the Sherry (I was out). Delicious marinade for grilled chicken. We really enjoyed this. Thanks.
from prep to clean up, this was VERY easy to make and VERY tasty -- my husband and kids all loved it. I will definitely make this again.