The marinade for this chicken is delicious and the recipe makes a large quantity. Freeze half for later use or make just half the marinade. Try using a sweet onion for a sweeter flavour. From Weber's Real Grilling.
- 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Place all but the chicken breasts in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- Place chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag and pour in half the marinade. Freeze remaining marinade.
- Refrigerate chicken for 4 to 6 hours, turning once or twice.
- Remove breasts from the bag, discarding marinade. Grill on medium heat until cooked through.
- The marinade may also be used for wings baked in the oven.