1/3 Photos of Grilled Chicken Breasts in Spiced Yogurt
This is from the August 2004 issue of Gourmet. It is a simple, flavorful, and juicy way to prepare chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1Stir together 1 cup yogurt, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, salt and spices.
- 2Add chicken and turn until well coated.
- 3Marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- 4While the chicken is marinating, preheat grill.
- 5While grill is heating, stir together remaining 1 1/4 cups yogurt and 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice and salt to taste.
- 6Reduce grill to moderate heat.
- 7Grill chicken (discard marinade), on lightly oiled grill rack, turning occasionally (closing grill between turns), until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes total.
- 8Transfer chicken to a platter.
- 9Toss together mint, shallot and remaining oil in a small bowl.
- 10Drizzle chicken with yogurt sauce and top with mint salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Breasts in Spiced Yogurt
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.9
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 80.3 mg
- Sodium 909.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 30.9 g