Recipe by Annie H
This recipe was adopted from the RecipeZaar account. After making this myself, I found that the addition of a couple of tablespoons of seedless raspberry jam to the basting liquid really added a nice flavor. Use in the last few minutes of broiling or grilling as the jam will burn.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 cup raspberry vinegar or 1⁄2 cup wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove excess fat from chicken breasts; place them in sealable plastic bag or non-aluminum bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour evenly over chicken breasts.
- Seal bag or cover bowl; marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight.
- Turn occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Arrange in one layer in greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Pierce skin in several places with sharp knife.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes, or until mostly cooked through; in the mean time, bring reserved marinade to a simmer in a small saucepan, simmering 15 minutes.
- After main cooking time, uncover chicken and baste with marinade every 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through, approx 15-20 minutes.
- For OAMC or freezing ahead, freeze this chicken, raw, in marinade -OR- freeze after cooking, making sure to include a portion of the cooking juices with each breast (keeps chicken moist while thawing).
- Serving suggestions: bed of rice or baby spinach; side of green salad with raspberry vinaigrette; mashed potatoes; steamed carrots or broccoli; sliced thin over a bed of peppered angel hair pasta.