Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe was adopted from the RecipeZaar account. After making this myself, I found that the addition of a couple of tablespoons of seedless raspberry jam to the basting liquid really added a nice flavor. Use in the last few minutes of broiling or grilling as the jam will burn.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 cup raspberry vinegar or 1⁄2 cup wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- black pepper
- Remove excess fat from chicken breasts; place them in sealable plastic bag or non-aluminum bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour evenly over chicken breasts.
- Seal bag or cover bowl; marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight.
- Turn occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Arrange in one layer in greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Pierce skin in several places with sharp knife.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes, or until mostly cooked through; in the mean time, bring reserved marinade to a simmer in a small saucepan, simmering 15 minutes.
- After main cooking time, uncover chicken and baste with marinade every 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through, approx 15-20 minutes.
- For OAMC or freezing ahead, freeze this chicken, raw, in marinade -OR- freeze after cooking, making sure to include a portion of the cooking juices with each breast (keeps chicken moist while thawing).
- Serving suggestions: bed of rice or baby spinach; side of green salad with raspberry vinaigrette; mashed potatoes; steamed carrots or broccoli; sliced thin over a bed of peppered angel hair pasta.
Even the kids loved it! I used black raspberry vinegar, bottled lemon juice and garlic powder. Cooked the chicken on the grill...delicious.
I did this on the outdoor grill, and this was great! I used the raspberry balsamic vinegar in the marinade, and added the seedless raspberry jam for the basting sauce. Drizzled the basting sauce over the top at serving time, along with basmati rice, and recipe #118112. A meal fit for a king!
This recipe was outstanding! This recipe appealed to me because I wanted to use up some raspberry vinegar I had on hand. I made this up and, because of last minute changes to diner, ended up putting this in the freezer...and proceeded to forget about it!! I was kinda skeptical about how it would turn out. We grilled it and it turned out wonderful....which suprised me!! (I did not use the jam) It had a pleasant tartness to the marinade. Hubby loved it, so this will be a repeat. Thanks for the contribution