Recipe by AshK
I love it when the weather warms up and it is time to grill. We have a lot of favorites and this one tops the list in early spring. Just the right time for great asparagus!
Top Review by Bert's Kitchen Witch
My family really loved this recipe! I used about 1/3 of the recipe for the glaze to marinate my chicken breasts in overnight. The next day, I reduced the remaining 2/3's as a glaze, and made the recipe as written. Very light, and refreshing way to do both chicken, and asparagus!!Perfect for a hot New Mexico summer night!! Thanks Ash!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 -8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, tough ends snapped off
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the grill to medium high heat.
- Combine orange juice, ginger, coriander and cayenne in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Simmer until the mixture has reduced to 1/2 cup about 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer the glaze to a bowl and stir in brown sugar.
- Toss asparagus with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill, turning once until tender and streaked with grill marks 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer to serving platter and tent with foil.
- Brush chicken with half the glaze and season with salt to taste.
- Grill smooth side down about 4-5 minutes.
- Brush with remaining glaze and turn.
- Continue to cook until the chicken is done 4-6 minutes (160°F at center).
- Serve with asparagus.