Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe for the barbecue from Coup de Pouce. Something easy that doesn't need to marinade.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons of fresh mint, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mint, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 cup cucumber, seeded, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1-1 1/4 lb)
- In a bowl, mix yogurt, green onions, mint, cumin, salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper. Pour half the sauce in a bowl and set aside. Add cucumber to the remaining sauce and stir. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with remaining pepper. Set the barbecue to medium heat. Put the chicken breasts on an oiled grill of the barbecue and cook, without closing the cover, 12 to 15 minutes or until it's not pink inside. (flip them and brush with the sauce without cucumber at mid-cooking; discard remaining of this sauce). Serve with the sauce with cucumber.
This was a easy and delicious recipe. The sauce ws great!!! Will make again!!!
Great sauce! And it is so convenient that it doesn't have to marinate to bring out the great flavors. Thanks for sharing!
This just didn't do anything for me. I couldn't really taste anything except the mint.