Recipe by breezermom
Skinless chicken breast marinated in mustard, then basted with a tarragon-lemon sauce while grilling. I use bone-in breasts, so reduce the cooking time if you use boneless breasts. Prep time does not include the 2 hour marinating time.
Top Review by Cook4_6
Quick, easy and delicious....even though I used the basting sauce as a finishing sauce instead. I used boneless chicken breasts, so the chicken didn't dry out on the grill. I will definitely make this again!
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 chicken breast halves, Skinned
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon dried whole tarragon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced (sometimes I use 2, depending on the size of the clove)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt (depending on size of your chicken breast halves)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread mustard on both sides of the chicken and sprinkle with the black pepper. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- Prepare your grill for cooking the chicken over medium coals.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Baste the chicken with the sauce. Grill over medium coals for 50 to 55 minutes or until done (if your fire is too hot, it will dry out your chicken.) Turn and baste the chicken every 10 minutes with the remaining sauce.