Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Skinless chicken breast marinated in mustard, then basted with a tarragon-lemon sauce while grilling. I use bone-in breasts, so reduce the cooking time if you use boneless breasts. Prep time does not include the 2 hour marinating time.
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 chicken breast halves, Skinned
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon dried whole tarragon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced (sometimes I use 2, depending on the size of the clove)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt (depending on size of your chicken breast halves)
- Spread mustard on both sides of the chicken and sprinkle with the black pepper. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- Prepare your grill for cooking the chicken over medium coals.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Baste the chicken with the sauce. Grill over medium coals for 50 to 55 minutes or until done (if your fire is too hot, it will dry out your chicken.) Turn and baste the chicken every 10 minutes with the remaining sauce.
Quick, easy and delicious....even though I used the basting sauce as a finishing sauce instead. I used boneless chicken breasts, so the chicken didn't dry out on the grill. I will definitely make this again!
I did use lemon pepper instead of the usual pepper, but other than that, the recipe was followed! Just the 2 of us, & we were just as pleased with the leftovers as we were with the original dinner! I've made some similar to this, but we thoroughly enjoyed the addition of tarragon in your recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar recipe tag]