Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice hot grilled chicken with ice cold Salsa is a great way to enjoy a hot summer night! Don't like chicken try this salsa with Chips, Tuna,Top a salad or whatever your heart desires.
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced thyme
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- pineapple juice, from crushed pineapple
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 chipotle chile, seeded & chopped
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro or 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained (save juice for marinade)
- 1 mango, diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- salt, if needed taste before adding
- Place boneless chicken breast in a ziplock bag.
- Add marinade ingredients shaking well.
- Chill for 1/2 an hour.
- Rub grill with an oil.
- Heat the grill on high for 5 minutes.
- Place the chicken breast skin side down over the hot grill, reduce the heat to medium and grill for 5 minutes.
- Turn the chicken after the 5 minutes and grill another 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and finish cooking the chicken for another 5 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients and chill till ready to serve.
- Scoop salsa onto plate and top with half chicken breast.
- Eat UP!
I served this as a salad tonight with the chicken and salsa over a bed of leaf lettuce. Healthful and light- just right for a summer night!
this was fantastic i loved the salsa but didn't put any heat in it (red pepper flakes or chilpote pepper)next time i will.
A delicious way to spruce up grilled chicken breasts. I actually let this marinate overnight, and also let the salsa sit overnight also. It was delicious. Thank you.