Grilled Chicken Breast With Carmalized Tomato Compote
- Mix marinade ingredients in a one gallon zip style bag and add the chicken. Refrigerate over night.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cut slits in each tomato; place, in a shallow roasting pan.Line roasting pan with foil or parchment to decrease clean up time. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375° (do not remove tomatoes from oven); bake 45 minutes or until browned. Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat grill pan and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Add chicken breasts and discard marinade. Cook until browned and then turn. Cook until juices run clear and chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Peel and thinly slice shallots. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; saute 5 minutes or until browned. Add sugar; saute 5 minutes. Add wine; reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes.
- Serve chicken breast topped with tomato compote.