Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Chicken breasts marinated in a fajita style sauce, then grilled and topped with mashed avocado and pepper jack cheese.
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of all visible fat
- 2 avocados, mashed
- monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine the lime juice, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, cumin, and salt in a large bowl, mix well.
- Add chicken breasts, marinate for one hour.
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Grill chicken until juices run clear.
- Lower grill heat to low, then cover the top of each breast with mashed avocado, then pepper jack cheese slice.
- Cook covered for 1-2 minutes, just as long as it takes cheese to melt.
Great chicken dish! Flavorful and easy to prepare. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Spring '14