Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A recipe by Nathan Lyon - Off Discovery Health channel.
- 2 yellow potatoes, quartered
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 3 -4 ounces extra virgin olive oil (as needed)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, freshly picked
- 1⁄3 lb green beans, stem end removed
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 dash kosher salt
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups ice water, in a bowl
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the tomatoes with a dash of salt, a few good grinds of black pepper, thyme, and a good drizzle of EVOO, then transfer to an oven set to 350 degrees, for 20-25 minutes. This is your sauce.
- In the same bowl used for first recipe (why dirty a second bowl?), toss together the potatoes, lemon zest, rosemary, a good drizzle of EVOO, and season lightly with salt and pepper. Transfer to a sheet pan and place in the same oven set at 350 degrees for approximately 25-30 minutes until nicely colored, stirring once to prevent burning. In a small pot with boiling water add enough salt until it tastes like the ocean, then cook the green beans for 1 to 2 minutes. The beans should be cooked but still have some snap remaining. Drain and immediately transfer to the bowl of ice water. Drain once the beans are cooled.
- For the chicken breasts: Sandwich the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound them evenly to 1/3 inch in thickness. Season with salt and pepper and grill until when cut, the juice runs clear, approximately 3 minutes on each side. Serve the vegetables with an optional spritz of lemon juice to taste, topped with the sliced chicken, in addition to a nice spoonful of roast tomatoes.
Lovely! easy to follow instructions and a great blend of flavours. thanks for sharing