I love blueberries-this is a great recipe to use them is something other than muffins and jam!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, washed and picked through
- 1In a medium bowl mix together the oil, vinegar, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 2Divide and chill one half.
- 3With the remaining mixture pour into a plastic bag and add the chicken breasts.
- 4Seal and chill for 2 hours to overnight.
- 5Preheat grill to 350 degrees.
- 6Remove chicken from marinade-discard used marinade.
- 7Grill chicken for 6-8 minutes on each side, checking to make sure chicken is done and no pink is remaining inside deepest part of meat.
- 8Cut into thin slices.
- 9Place greens on a large serving platter.
- 10Mix together the celery, onion, peppers and carrots.
- 11Toss together with the reserved vinegar mixture.
- 12Place chicken slices on the greens, dress with the vinegar/vegetable mixture, and top with the blueberries.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken-Blueberry Salad
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.1
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 420.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 20.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
mixed salad greens