Recipe by Dib's
I love blueberries-this is a great recipe to use them is something other than muffins and jam!
Top Review by ChefDad
My family loved this salad. The blueberries are not an essential part, however, and we are planning to try dried cranberries the next time. Don't forget that the chicken breasts need to marinate. We had a late dinner since I failed to read the recipe thoroughly early in the day.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries, washed and picked through
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl mix together the oil, vinegar, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Divide and chill one half.
- With the remaining mixture pour into a plastic bag and add the chicken breasts.
- Seal and chill for 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade-discard used marinade.
- Grill chicken for 6-8 minutes on each side, checking to make sure chicken is done and no pink is remaining inside deepest part of meat.
- Cut into thin slices.
- Place greens on a large serving platter.
- Mix together the celery, onion, peppers and carrots.
- Toss together with the reserved vinegar mixture.
- Place chicken slices on the greens, dress with the vinegar/vegetable mixture, and top with the blueberries.