Recipe by FitKimTV
This fresh spinach salad is topped with tasty blackberries and grilled chicken. Local ingredients add a unique twist to surprise the taste buds. Tip: Marinate the chicken breast strips with the next 6 ingredients for 1 hour in the fridge or overnight.
- 2 chicken breasts, 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 4 leaves basil (fresh)
- 10 ounces spinach leaves
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup blackberry
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice thawed chicken breasts into 1/2" strips and place in a bowl. Top with olive oil, the juice of 1/2 a lemon, black pepper, sea salt, rosemary and basil. Marinate in the refridgerator for at least one hour or overnight.
- Place spinach leaves in a large salad bowl and squeeze remaining lemon juice over the leaves. Add chopped tomatoes, blackberries and slivered almonds to the salad greens. Toss gently.
- Heat pan on medium heat for 1 minute. Pour coconut oil in pan and then place the chicken strips in the pan. Grill each side 3-4 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
- Place grilled chicken strips over the spinach salad and serve. Enjoy!