Prep 1 hr
Cook 26 mins
I love this recipe because it's easy to make, delicious, and pretty healthy.
For the Pico de Gallo
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- salt & fresh ground pepper
For the Grilled Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken cutlets, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, mashed in a mortar and pestle (or finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 large flour tortillas
- cooking spray
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Make the Pico de Gallo:.
- Combine all ingredients in glass bowl. Mix well to combine. Refrigerate at least 1/2 hour or until ready to use.
- Soak Chicken cutlets in water and vinegar for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse several times with cold water, pat dry and transfer to mixing bowl or ziploc bag.
- To the chicken add, garlic, juice of 2 limes, olive oil, oregano, salt and black pepper to taste. Mix well and let marinade for a least 1/2 hour (the longer it marinades, the better it will taste). If marinating more than one hour, refrigerate, but bring to room temperature before grilling.
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to medium high heat. (If using indoor grill cook chicken in batches, 2 or 3 at a time).
- Add chicken and cook 3 minutes per side. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes, then dice in small pieces.
- Add chicken to flour tortillas, top with Pico de Gallo and Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- Roll the tortillas up, place on greased baking sheet seam side down.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 20 minutes.