Recipe by M&Mers
Using fresh, homemade pesto for this dish really gives it great flavor. Grilling the asparagus also adds a flavor boost!
Top Review by JustJanS
This was nice, but we like our pasta dishes moist. It had plenty of flavour, so I think it could cope with the addition of half a cup of white wine and half a cup of cream. This would make a great recipe for us then.
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb asparagus
- 3 cups penne pasta
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and cut into small pieces
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- For Pesto: Place all ingredients into a food processor and combine thoroughly.
- Set aside.
- (Pesto may be prepared up to 2 days ahead of time and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature and stir before using).
- Grill chicken breasts on barbecue until cooked through, about 20-25 minutes.
- Slice and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook penne in a large pot of water until tender but firm, about 8-10 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Break off tough ends of asparagus.
- Leaving whole, grill spears on barbecue when chicken breasts are almost done, about 5 minutes.
- Remove and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss together pasta, chicken, asparagus, red pepper strips and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Gently stir in pesto and serve immediately.