Recipe by HouseDragon
A recipe from my Mr. Yoshida's Fine Sauces Cookbook which I haven't tried yet. Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes to make kabobs. I'd serve this with rice. Cooking time includes 30 minutes refrigeration time.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Excellent. I made kabobs with the veggies and chicken combined and could not have been more pleased. The flavor is outstanding. I added some red onion but other than that and marinading them for about 6-7 hours, made as directed. Will make again. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 09 :)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1⁄4 cups Yoshida gourmet sauce
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into 2 inch squares (1-inch for kabobs)
- 8 medium mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise and cut into 1 inch pieces (approximately 2 cups)
- 15 wooden skewers, soaked in water 15 minutes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken breasts (or cubes if making kabobs) in a zip bag with 1/4 cup of Gourmet Sauce; shake bag to coat chicken.
- Marinate 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- [Preparevegetables while chicken marinates.
- Grill or broil chicken for 8-10 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Baste chicken using 1/2 cup sauce during grilling.
- Remove chicken from grill and keep warm.
- Place vegetables in a grill basket or on a broiler pan and grill or broil for 10-12 minutes until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Heat remaining 1/2 cup sauce in a small saucepan.
- Slice chicken into strips and toss together with grilled vegetables and heated sauce.
- Alternate kabob method: While chicken is marinating, thread red pepper, mushroom halves, and zucchini cubes on soaked skewers.
- Thread marinated chicken cubes on skewers.
- Grill skewers until vegetables are tender crisp (15-20 minutes) and chicken is cooked (about 20 minutes).
- Baste the skewers during grilling.