1/1 Photo of Grilled Chicken and Vegetables
1 hr 10 mins
A recipe from my Mr. Yoshida's Fine Sauces Cookbook which I haven't tried yet. Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes to make kabobs. I'd serve this with rice. Cooking time includes 30 minutes refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/4 cups Yoshida gourmet sauce
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into 2 inch squares (1-inch for kabobs)
- 8 medium mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise and cut into 1 inch pieces (approximately 2 cups)
- 15 wooden skewers, soaked in water 15 minutes (optional)
- 1Put chicken breasts (or cubes if making kabobs) in a zip bag with 1/4 cup of Gourmet Sauce; shake bag to coat chicken.
- 2Marinate 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- 3[Preparevegetables while chicken marinates.
- 5Grill or broil chicken for 8-10 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- 6Baste chicken using 1/2 cup sauce during grilling.
- 7Remove chicken from grill and keep warm.
- 8Place vegetables in a grill basket or on a broiler pan and grill or broil for 10-12 minutes until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- 9Heat remaining 1/2 cup sauce in a small saucepan.
- 10Slice chicken into strips and toss together with grilled vegetables and heated sauce.
- 11Alternate kabob method: While chicken is marinating, thread red pepper, mushroom halves, and zucchini cubes on soaked skewers.
- 12Thread marinated chicken cubes on skewers.
- 13Grill skewers until vegetables are tender crisp (15-20 minutes) and chicken is cooked (about 20 minutes).
- 14Baste the skewers during grilling.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.6
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.6 mg
- Sodium 64.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 22.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Yoshida gourmet sauce