Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Pitas
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4 inch thickness, using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet. Place chicken in shallow dish; add 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette, turning to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Cut eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick slices. Cut zucchini and yellow squash lengthwise into 1/3 inch slices. Place eggplant, zucchini, squash, and pepper in a medium-size bowl; add remaining 2/3 cup vinaigrette, tossing to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Spray cold grill cooking grate with grilling spray; place grate on grill over medium-high heat. Remove chicken and vegetables from vinaigrette, discarding vinaigrette. Place chicken and vegetables on grate.
- Grill chicken and vegetables 5 minutes on ech side or until chicken is done and vegetables are crisp-tender; let chicken stand 5 minutes before slicing into strips.
- Place pita halves on grill, and grill 1 minute on each side or until warmed.
- Divide chicken strips, vegetables, and cheese evenly in pita halves.