Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a really easy, but beautiful looking and tasty dish. Impress your friends! Yields 1 chicken breast, about 1/2 cup of grilled peppers and 1/3 cup of sauce per serving. 3 points per serving
- 236.59 ml fresh parsley leaves
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed with the side of a knife and peeled
- 59.14 ml water
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2.46 ml table salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- cooking spray (2 sprays)
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, four 4-oz pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, sliced into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium yellow pepper, sliced into 1-inch strips
- Place parsley, cilantro, garlic, water, vinegar, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in bowl of a blender. Blend on high, pulsing, until a smooth sauce is formed; set aside.
- Coat a stovetop grill pan with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Place chicken in pan and grill until cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side; remove from grill pan, cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Off heat, recoat grill pan with cooking spray. Place peppers in pan and cook until grill marks show on peppers, about 3 minutes per side. Serve chicken and peppers drizzled with chimichurri sauce.
This was very tasty. I love the different color's even tho I replaced the orange pepper with a green one. I spent about 15 minutes pulsing the sauce and never could get it to a smooth consistency. The taste of the sauce is nice and tart. Overall a very easy dish to prepare. Thanks for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2009. :)