Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
My favorite sister-in-law introduced me to this recipe and we made it for a family gathering. Very quick and tasty with the use of the rotisserie chicken from the store. Apparently original source is June's Real Simple. And it is (real simple, that is). When I made this I had my grill a little too hot so pay attention when it says medium grill. Even the slightly too browned tortillas were forgiven, though, and these were very good!
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves (about 3 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Heat grill to medium. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, spinach and cheese.
- Dividing evenly, place the mixture on one half of each tortilla. Fold the other half over to cover.
- Grill the quesadillas until the cheese has melted and the tortillas are crisp, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve with the avocado, salsa and sour cream.
Cut the recipe in half and there was still plenty. I followed the directions and what a wonderful and simple lunch with some soup. Thank you. Made for SPRING PAC 2010. P.S. I will add some onion next time.