1/1 Photo of Grilled Chicken and Shiitake Mushroom Salad
1 hr 30 mins
Jimijoe 43's Note:
This salad offers lots of tastes, textures and colors. Very appealing and satisfying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 fluid ounces chicken broth, divided
- 4 fluid ounces white wine (Chardonnay)
- 1 1/2 ounces arrowroot
- 2 fluid ounces olive oil
- 1 small lemon, zest of (about 1 tspn.)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 10 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 chicken breasts
- cracked black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup cashews, halves and pieces (Planters)
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1Mix 1 oz chicken broth with the arrowroot.
- 2Bring remaining 4 oz chicken broth and the wine to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- 3Turn down heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Add the chicken broth/arrowroot mixture.
- 5Simmer until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- 6Remove from heat and cool.
- 7Add 2 oz olive oil, lemon zest, basil flakes, 1/4 tsp salt and lemon juice.
- 8Put the mushrooms in a bowl and pour the above mixture over them.
- 9Mix and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 10Pound the chicken breasts to about 1/4 inch thick then cut into 1" x 2" pieces (about 20).
- 11Sprinkle with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes on both sides (sprinkle the red pepper flakes sparingly - it will be quite hot).
- 12Put the spinach in a large serving bowl.
- 13Grill the mushrooms over high heat until soft (save the marinade).
- 14Cut the grilled mushrooms in quarters.
- 15Grill the chicken about 1 minute on each side.
- 16Add the chicken and mushrooms to the serving bowl with the spinach.
- 17Pour the marinade over and toss.
- 18Add the red peppers, raisins and cashews.
- 19Crumble in the goat cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken and Shiitake Mushroom Salad
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.7
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 57.6 mg
- Sodium 525.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 24.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of