Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- black pepper
- 2 red peppers
- 1 focaccia bread (16" x 12")
- to taste fresh basil leaf
- Preheat barbecue to medium heat. Place chicken in a large, sealable plastic bag.
- In a bowl, stir together oil, lemon juice, vinegar, basil, garlic, mustard, sugar and ground pepper.
- Pour half the mixture over the chicken.
- Seal plastic bag, pressing out excess air, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Save the remaining marinade to baste the chicken during grilling.
- Meanwhile, grill whole red peppers on barbecue until skin is blackened on all sides.
- Place peppers in a paper bag, fold shut and let cool 10 minutes.
- Pull skins from peppers.
- Cut peppers in half, discard seeds and membranes, and dice. Stir gently into remain ing oil mixture and set aside. Drain chicken.
- Place chicken on barbecue and grill for about 7 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink inside. Baste with reserved marinade during first half of cooking.
- Let cool slightly and slice. Cut focaccia in 4 then cut each piece in half along the thickness.
- Divide chicken, grilled peppers and basil between 4 pieces.
- Top with remaining pieces of focaccia and serve. Makes 4 servings.
I changed this recipe idea by serving the chicken with a tossed green leaf salad and the roasted peppers on the side and the bread in the middle of the table, however I was in a rush to make dinner and only allowed my chicken to marinate for about an hour. The meal was good but a little bland. it would have been amazing had i let the marinade sit for maybe 4hrs.